Friday, September 01, 2006

Freaky Sex-Ed Book for Juveniles

I stumbled into this at Boingboing.net first thing in the morning in between sips of coffee. It was so surreal I just had to blog it to have documentary proof come tomorrow that it was for real.

Per Holm Kudsen wrote a book entitled The True Story of How Babies Are Made and it is an illustrated children's book that has odd, graphic drawings. Frankly speaking, it was hilarious. And I rather thought it honest and effective in explaining the whole "the birds and the bees" thing. Kids won't find it nearly as funny though. Hee-hee.

If you want to see the entire content of the book, click this Link which has it in German. Make sure you click on the book images to turn its pages.


4 comments:

MC said...

Wow... and you picked the best picture from that book as the example too... I'm not a prude but damn, that is some messed up stuff.

And you know how I deal with the messed up stuff, don't you?

MC said...

And we have a winner this week.

j said...

Ok, I changed the title from "Weird Sex-Ed Book for Kids" to let you know that Matt had the right word I was wracking my brains for. It was not weird, it was f-r-e-a-k-y. Secondly, just to clarify things, here's the citation of http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/549281 for the book:

* Type: English : Book Book : Juvenile audience
* Publisher: Chicago, Childrens Press [1973, ©1971]
* ISBN: 0516036408
* OCLC: 549281

Thirdly, er.. wow.. I knew this piece was worth writing but I never thought it was Transmundane Award worthy. Hoho. Thanks Matt!

And go visit Matt's site at http://rantocracy.blogspot.com/ people!!

j said...

Gasp! You're absolutely right Canekid! Pages #10-15're missing! Lots of people commented (in the other blogs) and only you noticed. I guess you're really paying good attention to your education eh?