Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thank You For the Warm Memories


Momofuku Ando died last January 6th. He was the inventor of the cup noodle and the founder of Nissin. If you don't know what I'm talking about, shame on you and I pity your probably stale gastronomic life.

Let me just say that his invention brought tremendous joy into my life. The Pure Magic in the styrofoam cup with a foil lid has been a permanent prop in the background (and sometimes foreground) of my life. There are only two warm things about me -- coffee, and this. The rest of me is made up of doritos. (Some people might claim motor oil and battery fluid better describes my composition and they maybe right).

Reading about Momofuku's life and longevity has also given me tremendous hope and courage. I have long been plagued by misguided detractors and miscreant spammers who do not believe monosodium glutamate is the ultimate super nutrient. IN YOUR FACE YOU FOOLS!

And so, Mr. Ando, thank you for making my life instant and beautiful. Rest in peace, O Great and Noble One.

No comments: